Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Confessions

I confess. I'm simply writing this post because I have an urge to create something. Right now. So I'm thinking about confessions, which I often turn to on this somewhat anonymous blog. Why do I do this? Why? I have not answer, except that it probably eases the discomfort and guilt that I may have about myself. For instance, I was just reading an article that someone else wrote and linked to from her blog. The content is good, from what I could tell through skimming, but I have not desire to read that article at all. It would be ridiculous, even of me, to feel guilty about something like that. But I do feel guilty that I constantly dismiss people whose writing style doesn't suit me. I give them five seconds to redeem themselves, and then I turn them off. It's a very, very bad habit. And often, I think its even more than that: I often make judgments upon people based on their ability to articulate themselves. I often also make judgments based on how intelligent I perceive them to be. This is all very bad of course, since I write so poorly myself, and more I probably sound mostly like the bumbling fools I'm always castigating.

No comments: